Making summer plans? Plan to discern God’s will for love in your life! Single, Catholic women between the ages of 18 and 38 years are invited to learn more about discerning God’s call and to experience a taste of the life of a cloistered Dominican nun. The day of retreat will include talks, Eucharistic Adoration, Mass and the Divine Office prayed with the Dominican nuns, and more!
- The retreat begins with Mass on Saturday at 8:00 a.m. and concludes at 5:30 p.m. (after Vespers and Benediction).
- All meals are included.
- What to bring:
- For overnight guests only: sleeping bag (please see Important Notes below)
Important Notes Regarding Travel and Overnight Accommodations:
For those traveling from outside the Bay Area and would like overnight accommodations on Friday night and/or Saturday night:
- We have limited accommodations for overnight guests, and they fill quickly. For our retreats, we also ask our overnight guests to bring a sleeping bag. Before registering online, please contact Sister Joseph Marie, O.P. to confirm space availability.
- If you are flying in, we recommend arriving at either Mineta San Jose International Airport or San Francisco International Airport - we are the approximately the same travel distance from both airports.
- Because of our monastic schedule, we ask please observe the following spaces of time in which to arrive and/or depart:
- Friday arrivals: please allow enough travel time so as to arrive at the monastery before 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday departures: please plan your travel so as to depart the monastery by noon.
- The same would necessarily apply to those traveling by train or bus. We ask that you please try not to fly in on Saturday or need a Sunday stay-over.
- Given our cloistered life, we regret we are generally unable to provide transportation between the monastery and the airports or other mass transportation stations. However, we are conveniently located in a quiet suburban neighborhood within easy walking distance (just a couple blocks) from the Menlo Park Caltrain station and a local bus line. Also, many of our guests regularly use other transportation services, such as an airport shuttle or Uber, to commute to and from the monastery.
- So that our sisters may best prepare for your stay with us, please email Sister Joseph Marie your travel plans at least one week in advance of the retreat. This is a matter of simple courtesy and respect for the sisters extending hospitality on behalf of the community, and particularly for their primary commitment to our monastic prayer life and schedule. Thank you for your understanding.
To register online, click here.
Questions or Concerns: Please contact Sister Joseph Marie, O.P. via email or telephone at (650) 322-1801 ex. 19.